If you are looking for a nice, shady place to camp, Delaware may be the site for you. Close to the neighboring Capouse site, it is ideal for a unit that is big enough to take up both sites or for the unit that likes camping with a sister unit nearby. Across the road from Slocum and just down the road from the COPE course.
Site capacity: For medium to larger sized units
Special Features: Woody center with nicely shaded woods on edges
Latrine type: Modern-style pit latrine
Delaware in the Summer features:
- 14 2-man platforms with tents
- 2 metal-framed cots with mattresses in each tent.
- Program tarp & Dining Fly
- 1 Picnic Table
- Woody center area makes this site a shady haven with some sunshine
- Has it's own latrine and washstand.
Fall, Winter, and Spring features:
- Platforms remain in place and may be used with your own tents.
- Water generally at site from mid-May to late September.
- Usually accessible during the winter
Location of Campsite in Camp